Scholastic Canada Possible Fund
The Scholastic Canada Possible Fund provides quality books to children and families in underserved communities and in areas recovering from crises or natural disasters. Our goal is to improve literacy across the country, enrich learning experiences, and foster a joy of reading. We do this by partnering with grassroots community groups, organizations with on-the-ground literacy initiatives, as well as charity and nonprofit partners nationwide. Through these partnerships, children with the greatest need across Canada receive thousands of books every year.
Criteria for donations requests must include at least one of the following:
- Organizations that serve low-income children and families; Indigenous, Black, racialized and newcomer children; children with disabilities; and children facing other intersecting barriers (with the intention of fostering literacy and a joy of reading).
- Organizations with established literacy programs who have a demonstrated commitment to addressing inequity and lack of access to print books.
- Organizations directly supporting recovery or rebuilding efforts following crises or natural disasters.
- A minimum of 6 weeks is required in order to process donations requests.
- Donations may not be used for auction, resale or fundraising purposes (including contests, door prizes, or raffle baskets), or shipped internationally.
- Due to the number of requests we receive, we cannot guarantee that all will be fulfilled. We also cannot guarantee the availability of any specific titles.
- The Possible Fund does not make monetary donations.
Submit this form to make a donation request.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholastic Canada Possible Fund Donation Request
* = Mandatory