At Scholastic Canada, we believe it is our corporate responsibility to use our unique assets to support children and their families, enrich their learning experiences and foster the joy of reading.
Scholastic Canada partners with literacy organizations that are on the ground in communities nationwide to deliver books to children with the greatest need. The company donates thousands of books per year to these organizations. The company:
- provides in-kind support to not-for-profit organizations with literacy programs that have a proven ability to meet the needs of children and families
- provides in-kind support to those affected by crisis situations and natural disasters.
Priority for requests is given to:
- Not-for-profit organizations with a focus on fostering literacy and a joy of reading among the most at-risk young people and families.
- Organizations with established literacy programs where our donations can support and enhance their efforts.
- Requests that support key business or mission initiatives.
Donation submission process
- All donation requests must be made in writing on letterhead of the organization requesting the donation. Email requests not received on a letterhead will not be accepted.
- Requests must include the following information: a brief description of the program or literacy event, age range of the children, contact name, mailing address, phone number, and date donation is required. Requests not meeting the criteria, or missing information, will not be considered.
- Requests can be emailed to: email@example.com Attn: Donation Request or mailed to Attn: Donations Committee, 175 Hillmount Rd., Markham, ON, L6C 1Z7.
- Please make your request a minimum of 6 weeks in advance of the need.
- Donations may not be used for auction or resale.
- Requests for door prizes/fundraisers/raffle baskets will no longer be accepted.