Manuscript Submission Guidelines
Scholastic publishes recreational reading for children and young people. Its publishing focus is on books by Canadians or of Canadian interest.
Our recent trade catalogues are available online at www.scholastic.ca/booksellers/catalogues.php.
Scholastic Canada is interested in reviewing Indigenous material in all genres and at all levels.
- For picture books, submit full manuscript. No illustrations necessary.
- For junior, middle-grade and YA fiction, submit an outline and three consecutive sample chapters.
- For non-fiction, submit outline and writing sample.
- Do not submit original illustrations or other materials.
- Submit via regular mail only.
- Allow 6 months for response.
- Please include an SASE; if no SASE is included Scholastic will only respond if the project is thought to be suitable.
No other unsolicited submissions are being accepted at this time.
Professional illustrators interested in working with Scholastic are invited to email sample art and links to an online portfolio to Andrea Casault at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Digital samples are preferred but hard copy samples can be sent to:
Scholastic Canada Ltd.
604 King St W
Toronto ON M5V 1E1
Please do not send originals. If you would like your material returned please include a SASE. Scholastic Canada is not responsible for lost material.
Illustrators of interest will be contacted should a suitable project arise.
Thank you for thinking of us. We wish you the best of luck with your work.
TM & © 1996 - 2017 Scholastic Canada Ltd. All rights reserved.