Scholastic Canada is one of the country's leading publishers and distributors of children's books and educational materials in both official languages.
We are looking for an Inside Sales Consultant! This position is available at our head office location in Markham within our Book Fairs division.
Working in a call centre environment with availability to adjust working hours to accommodate flexible business demands is required between 7:30 a.m. and 7:00 pm. Monday to Friday (with an approximate 2 month layoff period in the summer)
- Books and confirms all fairs, within a set timeframe, as per individual budgeted sales and revenue targets.
- Prospecting and retention is a primary focus.
- Utilizing Salesforce, update and maintain all customer account and contact information.
- Collaborates with Sales Supervisor to determine prime schools to be contacted for fairs to build fair count and maximize revenue.
- Responds promptly to customer requirements during course of the fair, including product and procedural information, pick-ups, and general information.
- 1-3 years of telephone sales experience working in a call centre environment, as well as a college or university degree is required.
- The successful applicant must have an outgoing personality and the ability to work well with others on a team.
- Candidates require excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills and a professional outlook.
- The ability to multitask in a fast paced work environment is required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and working knowledge of Salesforce is required.
- Health and Dental Benefits after probationary period.
- Employee discounts on scholastic merchandise in employee store!
- Extensive training
Interested applicants are to forward a copy of their resume by January 5, 2018 to:
Human Resources Division