We are looking for an Inside Telephone Sales Assistant! This position is available at our head office location in Markham within our Book Fairs division.
This position is responsible for supporting Book Fairs sales through the timely completion of tasks assigned that support the achievement of KPI’s. This role will partner with schools to promote our shared mission for every school to become a Reading School. This position is crafted with the intent of eventual movement into a Sales Consultant role.
Working in a call centre environment with availability to adjust working hours to accommodate flexible business demands is required between 7:30 a.m. and 7:00 pm. Monday to Friday (with an approximate 2 month layoff period in the summer)
- Complete task assignments according to timelines outlined.
- Adhere to standardized processes and reach objectives for every call type and customer interaction.
- Maintain systems and database with current and accurate sales / service records.
- Understand KPI’s and how assigned tasks support their achievement.
- Upsell Scholastic products and programs during every interaction.
- Maintain open territories completing all associated tasks such as bookings and all call responsibilities as needed.
- Qualify, manage and distribute leads (Inquires, webinars etc.)
- Participates in monthly Branch conference calls as needed to update trends in territory, provide required sales data, review of branch fair scheduling and operational overview.
- Participates in the weekly sales meetings with Sales Manager and sales team.
- Must attend and participate in the bi-annual sales conference.
- Other duties/special projects as requested.
- 1-3 years of telephone sales experience working in a call centre environment, as well as a college or university degree is required.
- The successful applicant must have an outgoing personality and the ability to work well with others on a team.
- Candidates require excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills and a professional outlook.
- The ability to multitask in a fast paced work environment is required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and working knowledge of Salesforce is an asset.
- Bilingual (French/English) preferred.
- Health and Dental Benefits after probationary period.
- Employee discounts on scholastic merchandise in employee store!
- Extensive training
Interested applicants are to forward a copy of their resume by July 27th, 2018 to:
Human Resources Division