An opening exists in the Marketing division for the position of Business Intelligence Analyst, reporting to the Senior Analyst, Business Intelligence Marketing & Research.
Scholastic Canada is one of the country's leading publishers and distributors of children's books and educational materials in both official languages. For over 60 years, Scholastic Canada has introduced young people to the joys of reading, and has enlarged their understanding of Canada and the world. Today we continue that mission with award-winning Canadian books and outstanding classroom materials, along with related educational software.
If you are passionate about communication, project management and education and desire to work in a fast-paced environment for a leading publishing and educational provider, this is the role for you!
- Work with Business Areas to understand data and reporting needs for data-driven decision-making. Translate business requirements into actionable analytical solution.
- Assist in report development and conduct deep-dive analyses as required using various analytical applications including SQL, SAS, R and Tableau.
- Identify and design ways to increase data/system processing efficiencies. Resolve data quality issues as they arise.
- Work closely with Reading Club, Production and Finance in the execution of direct mail & email lists on a monthly basis.
- Work with Scholastic Technology Services to monitor and ensure that the AWS Cloud contains data required to support Marketing analytics.
- Manage the teacher & school corporate database to increase data availability for analytics across all lines of business.
- Explore new sources of information and/or other data techniques to expand insights and opportunities.
- Develop and maintain documentation as required.
- Perform custom queries as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BSc required. Quantitative degrees preferred – computer science, engineering and statistics or another university degree with equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of analytics experience, including data querying, report building, maintaining database. Experience with marketing data is preferred but not required.
- Experience with SQL scripts or using related software (MS Access, SAS, R, etc.) for data analysis. A proficiency test will be required. Experience with Tableau is an asset.
- Advance MS Excel skills –lookups, indexing, pivot tables, forecasting.
- Ability to build relationships with business users and managing needs of multiple stakeholders across departments.
- Excellent time management and organization skills. Quick to pick-up unfamiliar concepts and ability to self-teach.
- Confident in written and verbal communication with the ability to communicate issues to non-technical audience.
Interested applicants are to forward a copy of their resume, along with salary expectations by end of day September 27, 2018 to:
Human Resources Division