An opening exists at the Toronto (Brampton) Book Fair Branch for the position of Warehouse Supervisor, Afternoon, reporting to the Warehouse Manager.
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and monitoring business activity for the afternoon shift, reviewing operational processes in order to prioritize production and the allocation of resources. Provide directive to the fulfillment team with regards to production volumes and the organization and placement of fair assets and case materials. Perform daily line inspections to aid in replenishment planning, ensuring stock levels are adequate for fair fulfillment and production.
- Work with the Warehouse Manager to review inbound/outbound fair volumes, staging and the coordination of Fair production.
- Perform quality control inspections on outbound fairs to ensure all fair details are accounted for.
- Assist in the sorting and return of all inbound fairs, ensuring cases and modules are returned to designated areas in a timely manner.
- Assist, when required, in the receipt and processing of inbound freight, ensuring receiving paperwork is correct and quantities validated.
- Coordinate and oversee pricing and assist with unloading of stock off skids and arrangement on shelves and pick locations.
- Daily review of pick lines to determine inventory replenishment, consolidating bulk/pick inventory requests for stock fulfillment.
- Work with Warehouse Manager to perform line changeovers and direct return inventory to designated bulk locations.
- Assist with case maintenance as required.
- General housekeeping duties where necessary.
- Participate in the annual fiscal inventory count processes.
- Other duties/special projects as required.
- Successful completion of High School with 1-3 years’ supervisory experience in a warehouse environment.
- Certified valid forklift certificate.
- Working knowledge of AS400 and Oracle is considered an asset.
- Ability to work Afternoon Shift, with flexibility to work varying hours based on business volume.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Physically able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Interested applicants are to forward a copy of their resume and salary expectations by November 23, 2018 to: